Thursday, November 6, 2014

Wedding Bells

We were invited for a 50th Wedding Anniversary. The Bride is a relative of my father. The couple are no other than the parents of DOTC Secretary Jun Abaya.


Of course I did makeup for the event (my friends told me lakas daw maka Kim Chui)



I also did the makeup for my sister, my mom and aunt.
My sister.
My mom.
My Aunt. (Pnoys PSG extra at the back)

The wedding was held at the Manila Cathedral.


The Bridal car


Mr. Plaridel Abaya (former Congressman) and Mrs. Consuelo Aguinaldo Abaya


Entourage are their sons and wives as the partners, their grandchildren and nieces and nephews. Here are some of the pictures of the entourage:
Congressman Boyblue Abaya (my Ninong) and his wife

Ninang Muffet
Ninong Andrew and Wife
DOTC Secretary with his Wife (who by the way is a very nice person)
Vice Mayor Paul Abaya

Principal Sponsors includes:
Prime Minister Virata (relative)
Secretary Mar Roxas

President Pnoy was also there but I was not able to take a picture of him.

Reception was held at Blue Leaf Filipas in Macapagal Blvd Pasay City. The caterer was Bizu.

This greeted us in the entrance.

They rented the whole place. They have an estimated guest of 600 people. Pnoy and Secretary Mar was not able to attend the reception, but Senator Drilon came. Sec Butch Abad also was also there. Former Gov. Ayong Maliksi came as well. Most of the politicians from Kawit were also present.

The lovely and elegant table setting.

Don't you just love the swag decoration in the ceiling?!?!

As soon as we got into the entrance, we were greeted by an appetizer, It was a lechon wrapped in fita bread and you can choose what sauce you would like to pair it with. I was not able to take a picture of it, They also served cocktail food with flavors that will linger on your palate.

There's also bread and butter waiting for us in our table. It's a carrot bread soft roll and sun-dried tomato and Pesto Pocaccine from Bizu's bakery.


The Sit- Down Menu. I read it carefully to check if there's something in the menu that I am allergic with. :)


Salad. I love how the sauce compliments with the taste of the parmesan cheese. 

Next, they served the soup, but I was not able to take a picture of it. After eating the the soup I can feel that I am already full. (Lol)

Lemon and ginger sorbet. After eating this, my appetite was stimulated again. hahaha


The main course was beautifully plated that I took a shot of it in different angles. :)
The beef was chunky, big and cooked rare. The truffle butter from the beef had an intense flavour and smell, it compliments the flavour of the red wine.The combination of these two seasons the bed of potato puree. 
On the other hand, the beurre blanc emulsion added succulence and flavour to the fish. 



I finished the whole thing and there's no room for dessert so I ordered a cup of tea. By the way I forgot to mention that you can ask the waiter whatever drink you prefer. Look at what I had. :D Of course plus the tea.


Now here comes the plate of small heaven. :) 

The dessert was composed of a trio: 1) macaron de paris 2) sugarfree tiramisu 3) dark chocolate ganache roca


The macarons is crunchy on the outside and chewy when you bite into it.  What you will love about it is that it's not that sweet. 
The dark chocolate roca is a mouse cake covered with dark chocolate Ganache and topped with cherry. since I am a fan of dark chocolate, this is my favourite among the three. I was not able to consume all of the tiramisu but I was able to try it. It has the right amount of sweetness in it. :)

Verdict: Bizu offers good quality of food and pastries. It may be pricey but it is worth it. It was overall a great experience  to attend this wedding plus the food servers was very accommodating. I must say that they did a smart choice of having Bizu as the caterer. Bizu was able to  good elements of a wedding, extravagance, tailored menus which are oh so yummy, and awesome desserts! It's just priceless. :) As for the venue Blue Leaf Filipinas, I can say that it is really nice. They also have valet parking. It's spacious and I love the façade. One downside is, it is not easily seen on the road and there is a construction site nearby. but overall, the place is nice.


For inquires: email: conciergeteam@bizugroupe.com  or call (02) 845-05-90 / 845-05-91 / 845-05-92 / 845-05-93
Instagram: bizuph
Twitter: bizuph

No comments:

Post a Comment