Thursday, November 6, 2014

Sam's Halloween 2014 feauturing me as other kid's makeup artist

Let me tell you how my daughter Samantha spent her Halloween. I mentioned in one of my blog entries that Sam wanted to dress as Maleficent for Halloween.

So we went to our favourite seamstress to have her Maleficent dress sewn. It only cost us Php 400 (including the labor)

For the head dress, it was my mom who made it. Materials were headband, tissue cardboard roll, wire, aluminium foil, masking tape, bonnet and black paint.

For Maleficent's Staff, my uncle used a thin curtain rod and a Christmas ball and painted it black. 
Then we glued Sam's toy bird at the tip and painted it black too.



The first Halloween Party Sam attended this year was at Kumon Kawit. I was not able to go with her because we have a client in the office and I needed to be there for HR matters.
My cousin Mai did her make up.


Next was the school Halloween Party. At first we did not want to attend because we will be attending her classmate's party in the afternoon. I was also able to file for a leave for that day. I also became an instant makeup artist for some of her classmates.


This is Sam with Steff (left) and Bea (right). I did their last minute Halloween look. The night before party I coordinated with their mom (Ate Leng) to check what their Halloween costumes are. She sent me their dresses and thought of what look I am going to create with their outfits.

For Steff, I just created a Skull like mouth. I can't do anything with her eyes but to put a little blue makeup on it since she's already wearing a mask.

For Bea, (well she's actually Steff's little sister) the cute little girl wanted to be Minnie Mouse. So I just put a blue eyeshadow, a winged eyeliner for a more animated look, a white eyeshadow at the lower lash line to open up her yes. A cute button nose just like Minnie Mouse, a small amount of blush and of course  mouse whiskers. I completed the look with a red lipstick.


Isn't she adorable?



Sam was chosen as one of the kids who had the best costume for that event and she won a Stitch stuffed toy.


Sam with her friends.

*******************************************************

In the afternoon, Bella, one of Samantha's classmate celebrated her Birthday at my Aunt's place.
(History: my Aunt's house is 3 blocks away from the school and she is a good cook that's why they opted to celebrate it at her place.)

The birthday girl. (I did her makeup here)


Bella and Dewin. (Dewin came with his vampire makeup on but I retouched it)

Sam with her friends.

Dewin's mom requested if she can watch me do my Sugar Skull Makeup.


IG: Make8upbysheandsam
YouTube: Make8up by Sherwyne
Facebook: Make8up by She and Sam










No comments:

Post a Comment